Twyla Sketchley, B.C.S., Attorney
Twyla Sketchley is a Florida Bar Board Certified Elder Law Attorney. She is licensed to practice law in Montana and Florida and founded The Sketchley Law Firm, P.A. in Tallahassee in 2002. She also is Of Counsel to the Bryan Law Firm, P.C. in Bozeman, Montana. Ms. Sketchley’s practice focuses on elder law, guardianship, fiduciary representation, and elder law related litigation. She served as the 2012-2013 Chair of the Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar, 2013-2015 Chair of the Florida Bar’s Law Office Management Assistance Service Advisory Board, and the current Chair of the Montana Bar Elder Assistance Committee. In 2016, she founded The Sketchley Method, the nation’s leading resource on the prevention of the maltreatment of elders and people with disabilities. In addition to being an active member of the Florida Bar and its Sections, the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Florida Association for Women Lawyers, and the Montana Bar, Ms. Sketchley is active in her community. She is President of the Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys (AFELA), President of the Board of Directors for the North Florida Office of Public Guardian, a board member for FL CHAIN, and a frequent speaker to community organizations regarding elder law issues. She also writes regularly on elder law and practice management issues for statewide publications and has been accepted by Florida courts as an expert in guardianship issues.
Honors & Awards
- 2016 Woman of Distinction in Law Award, Girl Scout Council of the Florida Panhandle
- 2014 Richard W. Ervin Equal Justice Award.
- 2014 National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys Florida Chapter Member of the Year.
- 2011 Florida Association for Women Lawyers Leaders In The Law.
- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Florida Super Lawyer.
- 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016 Florida’s Legal Elite.
- 2009, 2010 Florida Super Lawyer Rising Star.
- 2009, 2017 Florida Bar Elder Law Section Charlotte Brayer Award (Public Service).
- 2009 Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award, Second Judicial Circuit.
- 2009 Guardian Angel Award, Office of Public Guardian, Inc.
- Distinguished Woman Award, Smith-Williams Service Center Foundation (October 2008).
- Professionalism Works Award Honoree, The Florida Bar’s Henry Latimer Center for Professionalism (July 2008).
- Nominee, Elder Rights Advocacy Hall of Fame, 2008, The National Association of Legal Service Developers.
- Outstanding Legal Services Award, Office of Public Guardian, Inc. (2005).
Gecelyne S. Dixon
Gecelyne S. Dixon is a third year law student at Florida A&M University, College of Law and a visiting student at FSU College of Law. Ms. Dixon has been a law clerk with the firm since 2015 where she is learning the intricacies of Elder Law. Ms. Dixon’s been assisting with the practice’s abuse, neglect, and exploitation prevention, recovery, and litigation program.